Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Huntington and Newport Beach

 

 

Huntington Beach


























Newport Beach

Whale Watching Tour











































































We went to Huntington Beach, Surf Capital of the United States twice it was that great.  I had never seen a person surf in real life so my eyes were glued to all the people in the water riding the waves.  It looks semi easy but I know for sure if I went out there and tried I would have a hell of a time just trying to stand on the surf board.  Huntington had a cute downtown area that we ate waffle sandwiches at and found cool sunglasses, and saw a lot of the thumb and pinkie surfs up bro signs :)

Newport Beach was kind of our home for the week because my brothers and I could ride our bikes there on the days my sister had to work.  The beach was low key with not a lot a people crowding every inch of sand like I am used to when I have been to other beaches.  My brothers and I threw the frisbee, climbed on rocks, and searched for cool seashells.  As a fan of the show the OC just being in Newport was amazing.



10 comments:

  1. That first outfit looks so effortless & chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scarf! And that whole outfit just looks comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) you had to be comfortable doing the amount of walking and exploring that we did ha!

      Delete
  3. I'm a sucker for scarves...love the pattern:)
    xo
    Boho Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "scarf" is actually just a piece of random fabric my sister had but I too loved the pattern and color!

      Delete
  4. Sounds really exciting and you do look like you had so much fun...I miss California already! Lived there for 3 years and wished to be back.. :/ Love your outfit too! Where did you get your sandals?

    Kaye
    StyleKikay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I want to move to Cali after being there for only a week! I am jealous you actually got the chance to live there!! My sandals are from Payless :)

      Delete
  5. Okay, I'm in love with that scarf! Thanks for inspiring me!

    & Thanks for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scarf is actually just a piece of fabric my sister had but I loved the colors and pattern so I made it a scarf :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete