Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sub-worthy

Jeans: Banana Republic Outlet, Shirt and Necklace: Pacsun, Jacket: Macy's, Shoes: DSW,

I cannot be more excited that I get to sub for mentor teacher today and spend time with my students. Subbing is the best gig ever.  I have no prep work and I get to spend the entire day just hanging out with the students and getting to know them (obviously there is some teaching involved).  I like the challenge of not knowing any of the students and carefully peeling back their layers as the day progresses.  I have learned a lot about how to communicate and when to ask the students for help when I am not sure of how a certain classroom procedure is done.  I have to say though if I am royally screwing up, the students have no problem telling me how I was supposed to do something.  I have to say the best thing about subbing over all, is that even though I am just there for a day I can touch the life of a child and make a difference.  The student's have no idea that they pay me some of the highest compliments I can think of and the best part about it is that they are just doing and saying what they feel, being totally and completely honest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment