Monday, December 10, 2012

I got a thing for trains and Cincinnati

 


 


 






























This past Friday I went to Union Terminal in Cincinnati with my sister.  IT WAS AMAZING! As soon as we arrived I knew it was going to be a good day because the lovely man working the parking booth gave us free parking.  Once inside we had to decide what type of ticket we wanted to purchase and we decided to go big and live it up and include the movie viewing in our package.  The first thing we did was watch a movie about coral reefs in the ocean.  I learned so much in the forty-five minute showing and walked out of the theater wanting to know where I could donate money for saving the coral reefs.  We headed to the train museum next and it was spectacular.  An entire replica city of Cincinnati was built showing how much they used trains years and years ago.  My sister was pointing out different streets that she knew and where buildings were now compared to back then.  After looking at the train museum we went to the natural science and history museum.  There was so many cool things in the museum but I think my favorite was the Ice Age caves because you got to walk through dimly lit caves with all kinds of narrow turns and water areas.  Lastly we saw the holiday feature.  The amount of time Central Terminal put into their train displays was incredible. The details were amazing and really showed museum goers what Cincinnati was like back in the early 1900's.  I had the best time at the museum and an even better time hanging out with my sister for two whole days!! 



4 comments:

  1. Love these trains!! Looks like yall had a great time!!
    Check out my first ever giveaway!
    http://saramontanasays.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-first-ever.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was so much fun!! Excited about your first give away :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thats awesome I'm in Cincy all the time for work (will actually be there 2 days this week)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh don't you just love the feel of Cincinnati it seems so homey to me. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete