Tuesday, November 13, 2012

On my day off...

 

 
 
This is what you wear to give blood
 when it has been raining ALL morning

I had the day off on Monday so I decided to save three lives and give blood.  This may sound strange but I love giving blood.  It makes me feel like I have did my part in making the world a better place.  I try to give blood whenever possible and when my iron levels are up to the norm for giving.  The people who are with the Red Cross are always so nice and chatty which I love when I am getting a needle poked into my arm.  After giving blood, there is always a table of goodies aka food! and drinks! Today was a first where they literally served me a whole meal.  I instantly thought to myself: Yes no making lunch when I get home!  I helped myself to a shredded chicken sandwich, veggies, grapes, and cookies.  You really out did yourself Red Cross!  See you guys in January for the next donor day!   



No comments:

Post a Comment