Monday, October 1, 2012

Love and Memory


It has been a tough weekend filled with a lot of emotion.  My best friend since second grade, pictured above is one tough cookie.  Her father recently passed away and he played a big role in her life and in mine.  Since we grew up together her dad was my coach for basketball, my brother's coach for football, and helped out a lot at various activities we were involved in.  He drove me too and from practices and games, cooked me dinner, and made me feel as if I was another daughter in the family.  When I was younger I considered their family as my second family, and I still do to this day.  They did so much for me when I was younger and I have so many fond memories with this family, that seeing them go through this is painful.   They are such good, strong people and it hurts me to know that they will be missing a key component of their family.   Today will be hard but it is good to know her dad is no longer suffering.  My heart goes out to the Baker family as they go through this tough time in their lives.  Love you Baker's!

No comments:

Post a Comment