Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chocolate oat rounds



My fabulous SISTER introduced me to this addicting snack and I am pretty sure that I now make them once a week.  I will make a large batch and then refrigerate them and pack them in my lunch throughout the week for a sweet treat.  This is a recipe that you literally cannot mess up and takes about 10 minutes to make.  Talk about great! Here is how you make chocolate oat rounds:


1.) Put a good size spoonful of peanut butter in a small bowl
2.) Thoroughly cover the peanut butter with quick oats (you may need to add more later)
3.) Squeeze honey all over the oats and peanut butter.
4.) Begin to mix all 3 ingredients together until the oats are completely mixed throughout the peanut butter
5.) Add about a tablespoon of milk and stir
6.) Add in chocolate chips (you can add whatever you like M&M's, dried fruit, nuts, etc.)
7.) Roll into small ball shapes
8.) Eat, share, and refrigerate what's left


Like I said above there is no messing this recipe up.  I do not measure a thing and just add bits of ingredients here and there.  If it is too dry add more honey or milk and if it is looking a little too peanut buttery pour in more oats.  Seriously once you make this once it will be a staple in your life! They taste like the batter of a monster cookie and that in itself should have you running for your pantry.  


No comments:

Post a Comment