Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Role Models


There is nothing in my life that a family gathering cannot fix.  This past weekend my grandma turned 85 years old.  We had a big birthday bash for her that consisted of good conversations, tons of laughs, and new memories.  She and my grandpa are a power couple.  They both think the world of each other as do many people that are around them.  They are as happy and in love as they were when they first got married 59 years ago.  As my grandparents get older, I find myself wanting to make the most of the time that I have left with them.  I want to visit and talk with my grandparents to hear all about their history, hardships, and life lessons that life threw their way.  I want to have a relationship that mirrors my grandparents when I find the right guy and I hope that he is lucky enough to meet two of the best role models and people in the world who have shaped the person I have become and who I want to be in the future.





3 comments: