Monday, September 17, 2012

Dressed up and going places

Just eating some cheddar cheese cracker combos post ceremony in the parking lot
Dress: TJ Maxx, Shoes: JCPenny, Necklace: New York and Company

This past weekend a lot of good stuff happened.  I got to get all spiffed up for my cousin's wedding, I worked my second shift at my new job, and I got to eat a lot of good food.  My cousin got married on Saturday afternoon and I had to work that night at my new hotel front desk job.  The funny thing was that my cousin's wedding reception was actually being held at the hotel I work at.  I was a little bummed that I could not go to the reception because of work but my fabulous siblings brought me a plate of food and a piece of cake from the reception.  It felt like I was still apart of the festivities happening down the hall even though I was eating the yummy food in between my work duties.  My shift was over at 11 but did not get to leave till 11:30 because I had to keep recounting my cash draw because the money was not coming out even.  Let me tell you after counting my draw for the fourth time I was ready to have a drink.   Since my brother rocks he had my favorite drink, a Dirty Shirley, waiting for me when I finally got down to the reception.  While everyone was on the dance floor for the last song, I propped up my tired legs and silently cheers myself to a fabulous evening had by all.    



No comments:

Post a Comment