Thursday, August 23, 2012

What I did this summer: Tennessee

Doing a little hiking in the mountains
Pit stop to try some fresh mountain water 
After 2.5 miles of hiking we
finally made it to the waterfall
I had to get closer and feel the mist of the fall
Cliff jumping
Joe's crab shack 
Birthday boy!!!
Making friends 
Hanging with Colonel Sanders in his original KFC
Cincinnati Reds museum 
Ballpark 

This summer I also got the opportunity to go to Tennessee with my older sister and youngest brother.  We planned a siblings only vacay but my other brother was not able to get off work so unfortunately he did not get to join in on the fun.  While in Tennessee we went white water rafting, hiking, outlet mall shopping, and picking (like the show American Pickers).  We stayed in the Pigeon Forge which had so much to offer for tourist.  My siblings and I found this amazing shop/house that this man owned.  We stopped on his property (other people were stopped too so it wasn't creepy) and he was the SWEETEST southern gentleman we met on our whole trip! He let us look at everything that he collected over the years.  I ended up buying a couple pairs of earrings, an old 7UP crate that used to hold the old glass bottles of soda, and I got a cute, dainty ring.  All in all it was one of the best things that we did on our trip and so unexpected.  After I got back from Tennessee a couple weekends later my brothers and I went to visit my sister in Cincinnati to catch a Reds game.  All of us love going to the ballpark so it was a great way to spend a couple of weekends this summer. 





No comments:

Post a Comment