Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Step into my office

Before: Cluttered 

Chaos during the cleaning and reorganizing: 
 embarrassing how much stuff piled up

Finished Product: Clean and sharp


The screws holding the handle were originally a bright silver color so I used
some copper colored nail polish and painted them to match the handle color. 

All of the pottery pictured was made by me in my high school ceramics class
The "H" above was given to me as a gift.  It is a wooden letter
with different shapes and sizes of wine corks hot glued to the wood.


My desk has always been a place where I just store things that I am not currently using.  When I am living at school, I constantly use my desk for homework, computer work, and occasionally putting on makeup.  So since I will be doing my student teaching this upcoming semester in my home town, I decided to make my desk a more inviting area where I would want to sit and do work.  This is what I came up with.  I did my best to de-clutter, organize and take the approach less is more.  The only item that I purchased was the new handle on my desk draw which I got at Hobby Lobby.  All the other odds and ends I have had for years.  I could not be happier with the finished product and find myself using my desk more than ever.  All it needed was a little facelift and rejuvenation. Oh! and the best part of this whole project was that I found 20 bucks in my desk draw buried under unnecessary items.  After that I had the best day EVER!!!   


2 comments:

  1. Love the orange paint, it's so bright and uplifting!

    - Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love all things bright but it also is inviting and makes me want to work there.

    ReplyDelete